1. NO talking while the teacher is talking
2. NO food, gum, candy or drinks in the gym.
3. Students should wear tennis shoes or sneakers
a. Sandals, open-toed shoes, dress shoes or any slick-bottom shoes are not allowed.
4. Respect the equipment, the teacher, other students and yourself 5. Raise your hand and wait for permission to speak.
1. 1st Warning
2. 2nd Warning
3. Sit out from activity
4. One on One conference
5. Referral to the principals office
6. Conference with parents
Participation in celebrations
High Flyer Award
1. Students should enter the gym quickly and quietly and sit on their designated spot.
2. Students should stand in a single file line facing the door when lining up to exit the gym.
3. Students will try to the best of their ability
4. Students will listen for whistles and perform the appropriate response:
a. Freeze Whistle= students should stop, put equipment down and look at the teacher.
North Carolina has moved from 5th worst state for childhood obesity to 4th worst in less than a year. Childhood Obesity is an epidemic in this state. Nearly 30% of children are obese or morbidly obese. Click this link for more information and for ideas of how you can help: http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/AdviceFromDoctors/YourChildsHealth/obesity